Sometimes, internet speed is reduced because other programmes may be using your internet connection. So, what can you do to reduce that unnecessary usage which may be eating up your bandwidth and slowing down your connection? Close any programmes that are big consumers.
Look for these programmes and if you don’t need them, close them down!
- Peer to peer downloading (allowing users to share certain information with one another)
- Messenger or video chats
- Back up tools and Cloud based services like Dropbox or Google Drive
- Online and computer- based games
- Websites that you’ve left open in your browser
- Video streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Prime
Once you’ve closed some or all of these down, try your connection again and see if it’s speeded up.